Menlo Equities has acquired or developed over $8 billion of commercial real estate assets since inception in 1994. Our goal is to create value and generate superior, risk-adjusted returns throughout economic and real estate cycles for our partners through four investment platforms: Core-Plus, Value-Add, Digital Infrastructure, and Development.
Regardless of where we are in the cycle or through which platform we deploy capital, our investment approach remains consistent – invest in purpose driven properties in the most robust innovation-driven markets, with a focus on essential office, R&D/lab, data center, life science and industrial assets.
Seeks to deliver a low-risk, stable cash flow yield, while generating long-term appreciation by investing in mission critical properties leased primarily to investment grade rated tenants subject to triple net leases.
- Mission critical nature results in a strong likelihood a property stays leased through economic cycles
- Investment grade tenancy ensures stability of rent collections and cash flow
- Triple net leases minimize operational risk and provide a hedge against inflation
Focuses on value creation through opportunistic acquisitions and rigorous property and asset management. Representative investment strategies include:
- Mark-to-Market – Properties leased at significantly below market rents
- Credit arbitrage – Mispriced assets due to a dislocation in the capital markets
- Repositioning / Lease Up – Existing improvements are dated or obsolete requiring capital investment to improve its profile to prospective tenants
- Special Situations – Opportunistic investments such as distressed assets, foreclosures, or debt positions
Targets the acquisition and development of essential data center facilities in the most robust U.S. markets.
- Active data center investor for over 20 years
- Current data center tenants include best-in-class operators and REITs
- Portfolio includes facilities in the markets of Northern Virginia, Silicon Valley, Boston, Dallas, Nashville and Chicago