CYCLE TESTED. MARKET KNOWLEDGE. REMAIN FOCUSED.
Menlo Equities has managed $7.0 billion of assets since inception. Investing in commercial real estate is a cyclical business. Our goal is to create value and generate superior, risk-adjusted returns for our partners through our three investment platforms: core-plus, value-add, and development.
Regardless of where we are in the cycle, or through which platform we deploy capital, our investment focus remains consistent: we invest in high quality commercial real estate with a focus on office, R&D, data center, life science and industrial assets in the most robust technology-driven markets, which we believe have proven themselves to outperform on a comparable basis.
Seeks to deliver a low-risk, stable cash flow yield, with the potential for appreciation by investing in high-quality properties leased long-term to creditworthy tenants.
- Well-located, income-generating real estate
likely to stay leased throughout an
- Class-A improvements
- Target leverage: Up to 50% LTV
Our value-add strategy seeks to create value through numerous avenues, including repositioning of properties, capital enhancements, releasing or re-tenanting and proactive asset and property management.
- Vacant or partially leased buildings at below market rents
- Existing improvements may be dated or obsolete
- Acquisition price typically below replacement cost
- Opportunistic investments that could include distressed assets, foreclosures, or debt positions
- Target leverage: 50%-65% LTV
Our development strategy includes entitlement, re-entitlement, ground-up development, and redevelopment from concept through site acquisition, construction, lease up and exit.
- Speculative and pre-leased development
- Vertically integrated platform drives entire development process and our ability to adapt to through market cycles
- Focus on in-fill locations
16350 WEST BERNARDO DRIVE, SAN DIEGO, CA
Menlo developed and leased a four-building, 325,000 square foot office technlology campus, in the heart of the Rancho Bernardo submarket